”I have no home but I’ll be okay”

Kenyatta Lewis posted this about her daughter meeting a man who was homeless.

It’s the kind of story that always makes me smile.

Here’s what she wrote:

After leaving a store today my daughter did something that made me stop and think.

There was this guy sitting there crying and she asks me:

“Did you see that man crying?

What's wrong with him?”

I said:

“Yes but I'm not sure maybe he's just sad...”

She said:

”Maybe he's hot and thirsty.”

She walked over to him and goes:

”Hi sir be happy it's a nice day it's not raining.

Are you hot?

Why don't you go home the ground is dirty?“

He says:

”I have no home but I will be ok.“

She looked at him with the saddest face and goes:

”So that means you're homeless.

So you have no food because you have no refrigerator.“

She gave him a few dollars out of her purse and her drink and said:

”Please go eat.

It would make me happy.

I like McDonald's you should go there.“

I could tell she made his day.

On top of that two more people came up and gave money as well.

We had a small conversation and he explained his trailer burnt down and he lost everything including his wife.

I felt for him.

It just warms my heart.

A 6 year old lead by example this morning.

AWESOME!

Kids see no color and that's exactly how it should be.

It's not just a statement saying that the children are our future, it's a FACT.

That gives me a little more hope for the world.

—Kenyatta Lewis